Tycoon Piping is one of the high quality Shot Peened Pipe Suppliers. It is the method of cold working in which compressive stresses are induced in the exposed surface layers of metallic parts by the impingement of a stream of shots manage at metal surface at high velocity under controlled conditions. We have over 10 years of experience in shot peening wide range of components like crank shafts, gears, propeller blades. We follow latest international standards for Shot peening like AMS 2430. We have calibrated gages, imported Almen strips and use AMS grade peening media like Ceramic shots, Steel shots, and Glass beads.
ADVANTAGES OF SHOT PEENING :
- Shot Peening increases the resistance to Corrosion fatigue, Fatigue failure, Hydrogen assisted cracking, Stress corrosion cracking, Cavitation erosion, Galling Fretting.
- Shot Peening makes easier with intergranular corrosion resistance, closing of porosity, surface texturing, work hardening, testing of bond coatings, increased strength and increased durability.
APPLICATIONS OF SHOT PEENING :Shot Peening when applied on following components increases its service life:
- Pins – 400-1900%.
- Valves – 700%.
- Shafts – 3500%.
- Helical springs – 3500%.
- Gears – 30%.
JOBS WE DO :
- Propeller Blades
- Component: Aircraft propeller blade on Camber and Face.
- Advantages: Stress corrosion resistance, resistance to fatigue failure.
- Crank shafts
- Component: Compressor crank Shaft radii.
- Advantages: Induce compressive stress to improve fatigue failure.
- Component: Crankshaft gear, Pinions.
- Advantage: Resistance to fatigue failure, stress corrosion resistance, lubrication.
- Components: Collars.
- Advantages: Anti galling, stress corrosion resistance, resistance to fatigue failure.
- Internal Shot peening
- Components: PE granules transportation pipes.
- Advantages: Increase in flow rate, prevention of classifier choking, prevention of Angel hair formation.