Grit blasting or Shot blasting is a process of cleaning metal parts in which steel grits/shots are forced through a jet nozzle using compressed air pressure or through wheel type machine. This creates a effective and fast way of cleaning or preparing surface for coating. Use of abrasive materials like aluminium oxide, Glass beads, garnet etc is also made to clean or texturize non-ferrous metal surface or decorative items. More over Blast cleaning process is to greatest extent efficient and economical in comparison with conventional surface preparation processes namely manual cleaning and acid cleaning.
ADVANTAGES OF BLAST CLEANING :
- It imparts skid proof property to granite and marble flooring.
- It also improves aesthetics of the components by imparting matt finish and also eliminates surface irregularities like scratches, welding spatters, grinding or filing marks.
- It improves quality of painting, powder coating, electroplating or rubber lining.
- It helps to clean the surface from dirt, rust, paint, scale, grease, rust etc and exposes parent material.
- It imparts uniform surface roughness or anchor profile that leads to increase in surface area for better bonding strength with paint or any other coats.
APPLICATIONS OF BLAST CLEANING :
- Abrasive blasting is used for wide ranges of applications like preparing surfaces on non-ferrous metals before re-coating or used for engraving on decorative stone or polish soft metals and plastics.
- However expensive the coating is bound to fail with improper surface preparations. Hence it is important to blast clean the surface prior to rubber lining, painting, electro plating, powder coating or metalizing.
- Blasting can also used to clean metal, brickwork, hardwood, concrete or stones. Shot blasting process is carried out on forgings, castings, fabricated parts etc.
- Glass beading removes stains of welding and scratches of grinding marks on Stainless Steel fabrication by imparting white colour. It is mainly applied on Stainless Steel pipes and fittings, pharmaceutical machinery, textile machineries and food industry.
JOBS WE DO :
- Glass Beading
- SS pipes and bends
- Textile/paper industry.
- Blast cleaning for priming
- Heat treated
- Ferrous-non ferrous castings.
- Aesthetic Finishing
- Fine media
- Resin material
- Aluminum, brass surface
- Prior to electroplating
- Engraving on Stone marble
- Grit blasting
- Fabricated parts
- Some restoration work done – Brass parts, Khada Parsi, Metal statues
- Metal statues, Stone idols, Vintage cars and bikes