Tycoon piping is one of the large suppliers for high quality 3LPE pipes. 3 layer polyethylene coating(3LPE) is a multilayer coating composed of three functional components such as: Grafted copolymer adhesive, FBE primer and an outer layer of polyethylene to provide great corrosion protection and mechanical protection for gas & oil pipelines at operating temperatures upto 80 degree celsius. The 3LPE System achieves superior long term corrosion resistance and excellent mechanical protection for large and small diameter pipelines operating at high temperature thanks to strong adhesion of FBE to steel and the tough of outer layer with high density polyethylene. The 3LPE system can be applied in a great range of thicknesses to meet project requirements and specifications.
The three coating layers in 3-LPE coated pipe are as follows:
Layer 1: It is called corrosion protective layer. This layer is fusion of bonded epoxy which offers very good corrosion protection. The fusion bonded epoxy has a excellent bonding with the blasted steel surface.
Layer 2: It is called copolymer adhesive layer. The copolymer adhesive is basically a maleic anhydride grafted polyethylene compound. The material has excellent chemical bonding to the fusion bonded epoxy and the top layer polyethylene.
Layer 3: This layer is for physical protection and it also consists of polyethylene. Since the polyethylene and copolymer adhesiveare are similar, they bond well with each other.
FEATURES OF 3LPE COATED PIPES :
Corrosion Resistance :
- It has great chemical resistance properties and resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- 3LPE Coating Pipes has got good resistance to moisture permeability.
- 3LPE Coating prevents steel pipe from corrosion.
High Bond Strength :
- The internal and external 3LPE coating and lining is bonded firmly to the MS (mild steel) pipes surface and the mean adhesion strength is 125 kg/cm2(ASTM D 4541).
Mechanical Protection :
- Polyethylene topcoat allows use of local material without relying on specific backfilling materials.
- Top coat of polyethylene prevents damage and abrasion to fusion bonded epoxy during handling.
Customized Solutions :
- 3LPE external coating can be applied from diameters range from 25 mm to 3000 mm with lengths of upto 12m.
Long Working Life :
- Pipes have constant performance characteristics through out the life span. Service life is more than 75 years.
- Used In plant process water applications
- In Oil and gas pipelines.
- In Drinking water pipelines.
3LPE PIPES ACCORDING TO FOLLOWING STANDARDS :
- CSA Z245.21
- DIN 30670
- ISO 21809-1